In both cases, it is to benefit from a moderate tax system.
IN A PERSONAL CAPACITY
Documents required by the Sûreté Publique to obtain a residence permit (carte de séjour):
- Title deeds of property, rental agreement or written proof of accommodation in Monaco
- Work permit from the Principality’s Service de l’Emploi, or bank affidavit proving sufficient means to live in Monaco
- For citizens of countries that are not members of the Schengen area, the international procedures vary depending on their nationality and country of origin. In all cases they need prior agreement from the French authorities. More information is available from the residents section of the Sureté Publique department. Tel: +377 93 15 30 17.
IN A PROFESSIONAL CAPACITY
Any business activity needs prior authorisation from the Monaco Government.
- Law n° 1144 from 26 July 1991 relating to certain economic and legal activities
- Law n° 1331 from 8 January 2007 relating to companies
- Law n° 1338 from 7 September 2007 relating to financial activities
- Law n° 1339 relating to Mutual Funds
- As an individual (au nom personnel)
- General partnership (SNC - Société en nom collectif)
- Limited partnership (SCS - Société en commandite simple)
- Limited company (SARL - Société à responsabilité limitée)
- Monegasque limited company (SAM - Société Anonyme Monégasque)
- Limited company with shares (SCA - Société en commandite par actions)